Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Video Blog: Chest Training Tips!

Hey guys! So I have something very special for today's Jtrain Fitness post!

Recently I've discovered some awesome new techniques you can use when training your chest. Said techniques that I wanted to demonstrate are not really that easy to convey through text and pictures, so I decided to discuss them in a video!

I'm also going to summarize what I say in the text below if you're not really a video person, or if you want to read AND listen to me explain it. 






When you train chest, your main goal is to try and get the humerus to cross over your pec to get the best squeeze and an optimal pump. Doing this motion takes advantage of the mechanics and responsibilities of the muscles in the chest. So incorporating a fly motion into a lot of your chest exercises could really be beneficial.

I've never been a fan of the barbell bench press because it restricts your ability to get a full stretch in your chest on the negative end range of motion, and doesn't allow you to fully squeeze your chest at the end flex range of motion. I know it's a gym favorite, but it has never really been an exercise I felt was efficient and effective enough to justify incorporating into my chest workouts.

So if you feel like your chest workouts aren't giving you the pump your looking for, try doing a dumbbell bench press with a traditional motion, but as you get towards the top, turn your wrists in and turn the motion into a fly motion as if you're trying to touch your wrists. You can even continue to push upward once the weights touch for an even greater squeeze.

Another chest training tip I'd suggest comes into play when you're trying to do overhead cable flys. Do the motion as you normally would, keeping your arms straight, elbows locked, and attempting to touch / cross your wrists. However, once you've touched / crossed your wrists, push your fists down towards the ground, as if aiming for your knees. You should feel an even greater pump go throughout your chest.

And those are some quick tips I've recently been using in my chest workouts. I really think they've helped improve my workouts. Try using them on your next chest day and tell me what you think!

Hope you enjoyed my first video blog!

-Jtrain

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*Have a question about natural bodybuilding / fitness / nutrition / stress? Need some advice? Email me at jtrainfitness@gmail.com and I will answer it on this blog! Be sure to enter your email to receive alerts for when the next blog post has come out, and be sure to tell your friends about this blog! Follow me on twitter @jtrainfitness and tell your friends to do the same!*
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment