Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Jtrain Celebrates 4 Years of Bodybuilding!

 
 
 
 
4 years ago I decided to invest in myself when nobody else would.

4 years ago I decided to pick up a set of dumbbells for the first time, with the intention of bodybuilding and changing my life for the long haul and never looked back.

I used to worry too much about the variables in life I couldn't control. I let people and societal ideals dictate how I should feel and how far I would get with t...hings in my life....how I should view things, and what I should place importance on.

But then bodybuilding found its way into my life.

I decided to focus on the one variable I could always control, and that variable was myself. I took all of the negativity in my life, from people and situations, and decided to embrace it and turn it all into something beautiful. To forge it into something that nobody could ignore no matter how much they tried once I entered back into their reality. I wanted to show everyone how much someone could change in such a short period of time with nothing but relentless willpower and determination......as those who didn't believe in me remained plateaued with who they were and what they believed.....going through the same motions in their life...never evolving.

I never had a mentor. I never had anyone to show me the way. All I had was a vision, determination, desire, and myself during countless nights of working out to try and master the craft and see my goals realized. And along the way I have grown. Not just physically, but in all aspects of my life. Bodybuilding truly has transformed me into a better version of myself and taught me so many things along the way.
 



I've said it time and time again, but I am forever grateful to what bodybuilding has done for me and my life. And I'm just as grateful to those of you who continue to support me in it. I may not have attained the most perfect physique yet, and may never attain the most perfect physique. But everything I have, I earned, and I've gained a lot more along the way that is just as valuable, or even more valuable.

If you want to make a positive change in your life, go for it. I was a complete novice whose life before bodybuilding couldn't have been any more opposite than the hobby he chose to pursue. And now, those in my gym with natural bodies, unnatural bodies, and unnatural bodies who try to make me believe they have natural bodies when they don't all respect what I do and who I have become.

Dominate the things you can control and never let anyone or anything stop you. Think outside the box and accept new perspectives. Constantly work hard at your craft and never slow down. Dig deep and pull out the greatest you that you are capable of. You can do it guys.


4 years of bodybuilding....wow........here's to 4 more!

No comments:

Post a Comment